Category COVID19 Show all
Latest Sport Participation TrendsShare on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Latest Sport Participation Trends and the focus for COVID-19 recovery
Vicsport have, in partnership with the Physical Activity and Sport Insights (PASI) research group (Victoria University and Federation University) and with support from VicHealth and Sport and Recreation Victoria collaborated to bring you this research-based webinar.
Hear from PASI Directors, Professors Rochelle Eime and Hans Westerbeek as they share the trends in participation pre-COVID and during COVID-19, highlighting the concerning declines amongst certain population groups as well as the specific health and wellbeing changes that have occurred amongst sports participants how these differ across populations groups.
They are then joined for a panel discussion with Lisa Hasker (Vicsport CEO), Karen Pearce OAM (Executive Manager, Growth and Inclusion at Football Victoria), Owen Hulett (Head of Participation at Cricket Victoria) and Tamatha Harding (Head of Tennis Delivery at Tennis Victoria).
Creating a COVIDSafe PlanShare on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Information and resources to help your club prepare a COVIDSafe plan.
What to do if your club has a confirmed COVID19 caseShare on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
If your club has a confirmed case of COVID19, you must follow the process below;
Process for clubs to take:
- Call Council's Recreation Liaison Officer.
- Call DHHS and select option 4 on the carousel
- After speaking with DHHS, call Recreation Liaison Officer back and let them know the outcome of the phone call with DHHS.
- DHHS will advise if your club must close or if you can remain open.
- Until DHHS can provide you with an update and advice, you must cease club operations.
- If DHHS can’t provide an update, the club needs to close and follow the process set out at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/confirmed-case-workplace
- If DHHS can provide an update, the club needs to follow those directions and follow the process set out at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/confirmed-case-workplace
- Council's Recreation Participation Officer will support your club to follow the directions of DHHS.
- The Recreation Liaison Officer will organise a deep clean of your club if required and advised by DHHS.
- The Recreation Liaison Officer will work with the club to determine when it is okay to resume activity and open the club.
Resources related to COVID19 in general & also in the instance your club has a positive case, can be found under 'Important documents' on the home page of the Resource Hub.