What to do if your club has a confirmed COVID19 case
If your club has a confirmed case of COVID19, you must follow the process below;
Process for clubs to take:
- Call Council's Recreation Liaison Officer.
- Call DHHS and select option 4 on the carousel
- After speaking with DHHS, call Recreation Liaison Officer back and let them know the outcome of the phone call with DHHS.
- DHHS will advise if your club must close or if you can remain open.
- Until DHHS can provide you with an update and advice, you must cease club operations.
- If DHHS can’t provide an update, the club needs to close and follow the process set out at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/confirmed-case-workplace
- If DHHS can provide an update, the club needs to follow those directions and follow the process set out at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/confirmed-case-workplace
- Council's Recreation Participation Officer will support your club to follow the directions of DHHS.
- The Recreation Liaison Officer will organise a deep clean of your club if required and advised by DHHS.
- The Recreation Liaison Officer will work with the club to determine when it is okay to resume activity and open the club.
Resources related to COVID19 in general & also in the instance your club has a positive case, can be found under 'Important documents' on the home page of the Resource Hub.