Most community local sporting clubs are established as incorporated associations. In Victoria, incorporated associations are governed under the Associated Incorporations Reform Act 2012.
Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) oversees the Associated Incorporations Reform Act 2012 and provides a highly informative website for clubs who have registered or considering registering as an incorporated association.
The Associated Incorporations Reform Act 2012 provides registered clubs and associations with guidance and direction on the following topics:
- Forming an incorporated association
- Information to be included in incorporated association rules
- Amalgamating two or more existing incorporated associations
- Responsibilities for running meetings
- Appointment and responsibilities of office holders
- Financial reporting requirements
- Processes for winding up incorporated associations
Your club should contact Consumer Affairs Victoria or seek advice specific to the needs of your club when considering its obligations under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
For more information visit the following websites
Information on a sport clubs legal responsibilities