Creating an LGBTQI+ inclusive sports club
The following links will support your club in creating a club environment that welcomes the LGBTQI+ community.
- Proud 2 Play: Focuses on increasing LGBTIQ+ engagement in sport, exercise and active recreation by working with all levels of the sport community - individual and grassroots communities, to state and national sporting organisations. Proud 2 Play encourage LGBTIQ+ people to participate and engage in sport and exercise by providing structured opportunities and pathways for them to do so.
- Proud 2 Play resource hub
- Pride in Sport: Assists sporting organisations of all levels with the inclusion of employees, players, coaches, volunteers and spectators with diverse sexualities and genders. The world-first Pride in Sport Index (PSI) benchmarks and assesses the inclusion of LGBTQ people across all sporting contexts.
- Days of significance
- Vic Sport: Discuss why LGBTIQ+ inclusion is important and provide a range of resources to help you increase LGBTQI+ inclusion at your club
- Sport Australia: Have created guidelines for the inclusion of transgender and gender diverse people in sport
- LGBTIQ+ Inclusive Language Guide: The State Governmnet have created a LGBTIQ+ inclusive language guide. The guide explains how to use language respectfully and inclusively when working with and referring to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex, and queer and questioning people.
- Community Health Pride LGBTIQ+ resources: A toolkit of LGBTIQ+ resources support community health services in inclusive service planning and practices.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this link