Good Sports is a free Australia-wide program building stronger community sporting clubs. The program provides sport and recreation clubs with tools and resources to build a safe, welcoming, family friendly club environment. Good Sports has been proven to reduce harm and positively influence health behaviours, as well as strengthen club membership and boost participation. The Good Sports program is implemented voluntarily through community sporting clubs, helping clubs to promote healthier, safer and more family-friendly environments. Designed for busy sports clubs, Good Sports takes the guess work out of complying with legal requirements and gives you the upper hand when it comes to attracting funding, new members and volunteers. It has been helping build strong community sporting clubs across Australia for over 20 years.
Other helpful resources
- Safer drinking at sports clubs
- Top tips for responsible clubs
- Play by the Rules Alcohol Management template
- VICSPORT - responsible use of alcohol
- Liquor License information - Sports Community
- Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation