Healthy Eating in Sports Clubs
Check out the below resources to help your club offer more healthy choices to the community.
- Healthy Choice for Sports. Healthy Choices is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to promote healthy food and drink options in a range of public settings including sport and recreation.
- Healthy Club Canteens. VicHealth partnered with The Big Picture Strategic Services to undertake the Healthy Club Canteens project. This pilot program was established to identify ways in which community sporting clubs can provide a range of healthy food options in their canteens or food outlets.
- Healthy Choices. Bendigo Council has created a booklet of hints and tips to help clubs make simple, healthy and sustainable changes that will also support healthier food choices among your players, coaches and whole sporting community.
- Club Help. Club help provides information and templates on healthy eating policies.
- Vic Kids Eat Well. Vic Kids Eat Well can support sports clubs to promote water as the drink of choice and provide healthier food options for children, young people and their families. Vic Kids Eat Well have designed a set of healthy eating actions for sports clubs after wide consultation with our partners, sports clubs and state sporting associations. Once you register you will be connected with a health promotion professional who will work with you to make healthy changes in your club. Work your way through the bites, collecting rewards and celebrating your success as you go.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this link