wonguim wilam playpsace is open!!
We welcome you to come and visit wonguim wilam playpsace.
This newly upgraded playspace includes a range of play opportunities to discover and try out. It is suitable for all ages and offers some components for all abilities.
- Canopy climb – tall tube slide, a variety of climbing and rope connections and large cubbies
- Junior canopy climb – slide, rope connection and cubby
- Swings – baby seat, all abilities basket seat, regular seat
- Spinner – inclusive style, suitable for wheelchairs
- Dancing snake swing – suitable for group play
- Trampolines – 2 small round ones
- Musical piece – rainwheel, accessible element
- Nature and sensory play – logs, rocks, plants, log picnic table,
- Water play – accessible pump, includes gates and community art pebbles that are fixed.
- Sound post – relocated from previous playspace
- Mixture of surfaces with softfall mulch and rubber
- New picnic shelter which includes 2 x picnic tables, 2 x benches, BBQ with two burners and drinking fountain.
- Furniture in the playspace includes a large banquet table, timber deck seat and 3 x seats.
- Open space grass area
The playspace access is via gravel paths from the carpark which are at an accessible grade. The nearest public toilet is behind the nearby bakery (50m away).
Dogs are prohibited in the playspace area. Dogs are to be on lead in the surrounding area of wonguim wilam.
Note: previous name Warrandyte Federation Playspace is no longer in use. All future references please refer to the new name wonguim wilam playpsace
Consultation has concluded