- Installation of synthetic playing surfaces on two full sized soccer pitches
- 8 metre protective netting behind soccer goals to contain soccer balls
- Environmentally sustainable LED sports field floodlights
- A new pavilion with modular change rooms, unisex facilities plus a multipurpose space
- Public facilities with two unisex restrooms
- A new playground
- An asphalt car park for 130 car spaces, plus an area for a further 60 car spaces
- Extensive landscaping within the reserve.
What determined the need for the upgrade?
Pettys Reserve was highlighted by Football Victoria and the Victorian Government as a location for additional soccer facilities to respond to an increased demand for the sport. Community consultation on the upgrade plan was conducted in 2010 and 2011 and endorsed by Council in 2011.
What will the upgrade include?
What surface are the sports fields?
The sports field surfaces will consist of synthetic grass with rubber shock pad underlay.
What is the construction period for the upgrade?
Construction is scheduled to commence in May 2020 and is anticipated to be completed November 2021.
Will facilities be available to the general community?
Yes, facilities will be available for community use outside of allocated times.
Will facilities be home to one sporting club?
No, the facilities are designed to be shared by all Manningham soccer clubs and schools and provide a venue for training and overflow competition games.
At what times will sports field floodlights be used?
It is anticipated that sports floodlights will be used during training Monday to Friday until 9.30pm.
At what times will the sports pavilion be available?
The sports pavilion will be available during training and/or match play activities and in accordance with our Conditions of Pavilion and Ground Use Policy.
Is alcohol permitted?
Sports clubs are not permitted to BYO alcohol at sporting activities and must adhere to strict regulations. Alcohol is only permitted in accordance with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.