Integrated water management consultant appointed
E2 Design Pty Ltd, trading as E2Designlab, has been appointed to assist us in developing Manningham’s Integrated Water Management Strategy.
An increasing population and changing climate are putting growing pressure on our water supplies.
This strategy will review flooding and stormwater management risks and respond to emerging challenges, including:
- population growth
- the forecast for reducing annual average rainfall moving forward;
- increasing flood and drought risk.
It will identify opportunities to reduce reliance on potable water, harness alternative water sources and contribute to planning for a resilient and liveable Manningham.
E2Designlab will assist with data gathering to:
- inform integrated water management targets for Manningham
- undertake investigations into potential integrated water management capital works improvements
- provide technical advice, identify and assess opportunities to inform the development of an action plan.
At its June meeting, Council endorsed a revised version of the Integrated Water Management Strategy Implementation Plan, including the following changes:
- referral of some actions to now be addressed though the development of the proposed Stormwater Management Strategy.
- updated reflection of State Government planning to advance Integrated Water Management in Victoria and the Yarra catchment including the recently received transition report.
- updates to the project communications approach and program.
We are also working alongside the Flooding and Stormwater Management Community Reference Panel (CRP) in the development of the strategy. The CRP has recently contributed to identifying and prioritising drivers for integrated water management for Manningham.
Once finalised, the drivers will guide the CRP and Council in developing a draft vision for integrated water management in Manningham.
The draft Integrated Water Management Strategy will be publicly exhibited in mid-2024, before final adoption early in 2025.