Flooding and Stormwater Management Community Reference Panel Meeting 3
The third meeting of the Flooding and Stormwater Management Community Reference Panel (CRP) was held on 29 March 2023.
Together with the CRP, we’re working to better understand and address increasing challenges to water management, including climate change, development pressure and population growth.
The CRP is helping to guide the development of the Manningham Flood Mapping Project and Integrated Water Management Strategy.
Summary of Flooding and Stormwater Management CRP Meeting 3 minutes:
- Luke Cunningham of Rain Consulting Pty Ltd delivered a presentation on ‘Flood Modelling Methodology and Mapping’, followed by a Q&A session.
- Feedback was sought from the Panel on the best ways for Council to communicate and engage with our diverse community on these complex issues.
- A range of questions were raised relating to:
- how the current project differs from the previous flood mapping project
- how the flood mapping will consider climate change impacts
- questions around a potential Planning Scheme Amendment; and,
- other matters.
- These questions will be addressed at the May 2023 Community Reference Panel meeting.
All meeting minutes will be available on the Your Say Manningham Flooding and Stormwater Management page.